On Thursday we were at Grandma's and Caleb found the container of bubbles. I agreed to blow bubbles but when I opened it he told me he wanted to do it "self"--or by himself. He totally blew the bubbles! I was so impressed. Actually I think he said, "want to try it" which was one of the first times I'd heard that phrase and I thought it was really cute. At one point it didn't work and he told me, "too hard" or maybe it was even "blow too hard," I can't remember, but I was amazed. When did he learn that? It's been a while since we've played with bubbles and maybe I've said that he blew too hard before, but I was still amazed at how much he remembers. A couple weeks ago we were organizing his closet and going through everything to get out what we would need for a new baby. I had stored away a diaper pail that I haven't used since Twin Falls (July), and Caleb pointed to it and said "diapers." How on earth did he remember that?! It makes me wonder what else he remembers and how far back.
Speaking of rearranging, I've been trying to get things ready for the addition to our family. I've had major nesting instincts going on for weeks now and have been dying to organize all closets, etc. However, I haven't gotten to it for one reason or another. I did do the closet in Caleb's room where most baby stuff is stored and sorted all that out and reorganized the closet, but since then I haven't done nearly what I would like to do. A week or so ago I put up the pack and play in our room and moved the bed over to make room on my side. I've slowly been organizing our room and the closet and today while Andy's at work, Caleb and I have been working on it some more. I've just decided to use three of the drawers in my dresser for baby girl stuff and today packed away sweaters and socks that went in the drawers and that I probably won't use. (Two of the drawers are little ones.) I'm washing all the clothes I have for her along with towels and blankets and am so excited to fold them up and put them in the drawer. So funny, huh? I was at Walmart the other day buying diapers and I bought some of the little newborn diapers with the little dip for the umbilical cord and it was so fun. While I was there I browsed the clearance items and found a super cute little onesie (spelling?) and bought it. I still need to rearrange the hall closet and have a bit more to go on my room before I'll feel like it's done.
On Thursday Andy had worked a really long day. He'd had a harder day on Wednesday and felt like he didn't get that much done so Thursday he billed around 12 hours and was at work for more than that. He came home exhausted a little after 11:00 and I was awake and chatty. Then I thought that maybe I should call the doctor because I'd been wondering if I had been leaking amniotic fluid since my doctors appt the day before. I called and of course the doctor on call told me to go into the hospital. I wasn't leaking amniotic fluid, but it took till 3:00 am to figure it out be done at the hospital and Andy had stayed up a bit excited thinking this might be it. I felt pretty dumb when it wasn't and I had kept Andy up. While I was at the hospital I thought of all these things I still wanted to do before the baby came and how unprepared I felt. I think we would all manage fine if the clothes hadn't been washed or any of the other things that ran thorugh my mind weren't done. But it was interesting to think about. Andy came home from work on Friday and fell into bed--no surprise. He did get a descent night's rest last night and hopefully will be able to finish his projects today. I felt bad, but I think he's going to be okay too.
Caleb likes to tell "Annika Ruby" )the name we have pickout out but could possibly change--nothings definite until we write it on her birth certificate) things that are going on. He either says "see tummy" or "see An'ka Ruby" and then will sometimes "read" stories to her or tell her about things. Today we were playing on the bed and he started jumping on the bed and said, "An'ka Ruby yikes it." Apparently Annika Ruby likes it when Caleb jumps on the bed. :)
One other random thought. My plants are not dead, but they went through a pretty tough time at Christams. The fern is really close to dying, but there is one new little leaf that I keep watching and thinking maybe it will grow. The peace lily that Andy gave me when we were dating suffered as well but is still alive but down to about six leaves. The plant is amazing and I am terrible with plants.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember when i was pregnant how anxious I got to organize and make my home ready for our baby. It was one of the fun things about being pregnant.
Did I miss the story on how you come up with Annika Ruby? I really love that name by the way.
Whatever you do, Don't drink castor oil! It is not ok!
Post a Comment