Saturday, February 14, 2009

Update

I just thought I'd update you all on my pregnancy. Actually it's 4:30 in the morning and I can't sleep and I just want to tell someone how I feel SO CRAMPED! A week ago or so I was comfortably pregnant, as possible as that is. I have had a super easy pregnancy--hardly got sick, was very healthy, etc. I am still healthy, other than congestion that won't go away, but I really feel like I'm running out of room. I'm beginning to wonder, and kind of hope, if we will have a February baby rather than a March one. My doctor will begin checking me next Wednesday to see if anything is happening. The baby has dropped a bit which means I'm going to the bathroom a whole lot more. However, it might just be because there is no more room. She's already pushing up into my diaphragm so much. She likes to get right into my ribs in a position I'm assuming works for her, but not for her mother! I also get the charlie horse equivalent in my lower abdomen especially at night when I move the wrong way. I suppose there is still room somehow, somewhere, but it's really getting tight! I am having way more difficulty picking stuff up and bending over. I don't remember it being like this with Caleb. Perhaps I've just forgotten. :) I know it's normally difficult for woman who are 8 months pregnant to pick things up off the floor and generally bend over, so really I shouldn't be complaining...We'll see when this baby comes. I still want to organize a couple closets more and I don't know if I'm entirely ready. Hopefully I'll have some time in the next week to get some of that done. Alisa, I'm sorry, your kids' presents are still a ways from being finished. I haven't worked on them much since Christmas time and I'm afraid David will have outgrown it by the time I finish...

1 comment:

andreamichelle said...

I do feel for you. I didn't like being pregnant. I wasn't sick, just tired and worn out. and the end was really hard, with being so uncomfortable and having to use the restroom so often. I loved having the baby, but the pregnancy part is hard. So, I'm assuming you are having a girl, congratulations!