Sunday, August 24, 2008

Berry Picking

On Saturday Caleb and I picked blackberries that I recently discovered grow by our apartment complex. He loved picking the berries off the low branches and amazingly didn't get scratched. I wished I would've had the camera. Caleb loved running along the bushes and looking for berries and eating them. We got a good sized bowlfull and shared them with our neighbor Florence who was happy to see us. That evening as Caleb and I were playing in his room I noticed some brown crumbs on the floor that smeared into the carpet when I accidentally stepped in it. Thinking Caleb had been eating zucchini cake in there I picked up one of the crumbs. It didn't look like cake. I smelled it. It didn't smell like cake. Yuck!! I hurried and washed my hands and began cleaning up all the little spots I saw. Caleb of course came over to help and I saw that he had streaks on his foot. I went to wash it off and saw it was all down his leg. The berries had made speedy passage and since our wonderful little boy is such a picky eater his system is not accustomed to fruits and especially berries in the amount he ate today. We went straight to the bath and thankfully it all cleaned up well. He hasn't eaten any berries since.